Maximize your closet space
Spring is the perfect time to do a closet cleanse and maximize your closet space. It's an opportunity to put away your winter items and bring out your fashionable spring and summer items.
Here are a few basic tips to help get you started.
1. Dry clean your winter items before putting them away for the season. You want them fresh and ready for use when it is time to take them out.
2. Remove items you haven't worn in years. Evaluate each item and decide if you want to trash, donate, or consign.
3. Remove items that are dingy, torn, stained, outdated, or no longer flattering to your figure.
4. Remove duplicate items. Unless it is part of your work uniform, you could better maximize your space by removing multiple items of the same color and style.
5. Organize your closet by items then by color. This can help you get dress faster in the mornings. Ex: tops, pants, dresses, skirts then by color. You can arrange from light to dark or dark to light.
6. Use shelf racks for jeans, shorts or other items that can be easily folded and put away.
7. Arrange your shoes so they are visual.
Now that you have some basic tips, grab a drink and some snacks, play some tunes and have fun cleaning.